The Co-Innovation Lab (CIL) is designed to support the entire life cycle of innovation projects.
The CIL approach comprises a comprehensive process model, methods & templates as well as tools for the following phases:
- the acquisition (Acquire) of companies and their problems, from which the student projects are formed
- the implementation (Deliver) of the projects through a hybrid project management approach
- the increase of visibility (Promote) by writing press articles about the successful projects
- the expansion of the network (Grow) of companies and lecturers.
Agile Innovation Challenges and Boutique Consulting
The co-innovation projects in the Co-Innovation Lab are carried out either as Agile Innovation Challenges or as Boutique Consulting in the implementation phase (Deliver Projects), depending on the client need.
- In the area of Agile Innovation Challenges, a hybrid project management approach is used, which combines design thinking and agile solution development (SCRUM). This is complemented with appropriate methods, templates and tools . The (student) team with up to 10 students works in iterations and continuously creates relevant artifacts (e.g. documents, prototypes) so that client and instructor can follow the progress.
- Our Boutique Consulting project deliverables are characterized by a process model and execution that is specifically adapted to each client’s challenge. Small teams of 3 to 4 students work on one challenge at a time with one client, supported by research articles, CIL knowledge management and coaches.
The Co-Innovation Lab is an open community. Interested lecturers can use the concept of the Co-Innovation Lab in their courses and make suggestions for improvement and further development as living knowledge management.